Subscribe to the Senior Group email list.
Greater Orlando's Most Centrally Located Swim Program - Downtown Orlando
FORMS FOR THE FHSAA:
Below you will find all necessary forms for athletic participation as required by the Florida High School Athletic Association. In addition to the links below, these forms are also on the AthleteConnection website. These forms must be submitted electronically via AthleteConnection.
This is the highest level of training at Highlander Aquatics. Swimmers in this squad are focused on maximizing their training for the purpose of competing at the highest levels of swimming including state, regional, national and international competitions. The senior group will incorporate strength training, dry land, goal setting, and personal accountability as well as emphasis on swimming technique, race strategy and training to accomplish team and individual goals.
Age: 13 years old (typical age range of swimmers is 14-18)
Ability: Coach Todd Mann will determine swimmer’s readiness for this squad.
Training: 7 to 11 workouts per week including 1+ am workouts before school pending on Seasonal Plan.
Vacation: Discretion encouraged
Communicate with Coaching Staff about any practice conflicts at least 24 hours in advance.
As swimmers improve and age up from one age group to another, they will be moved up as long as they meet the training demands of the new group. It is both the coach's and swimmer's decision as to whether a move to a group with minimum training requirements will be made through a gradual commitment to practice, each child is taught to set goals and work hard to achieve those goals. Through positive encouragement and an occasional stern push, a child will learn to push themselves toward testing their own limits each and every day. A child will learn that hard work leads to achievement and success, and achievement is fun!
Be Respectful. Be Courteous. Be Accountable. Be on Time.
- Attend all practices and meets. 5 per week 3:30 – 5:30 pm and Saturdays.
- Commit to Varsity Team thru Championship Season.
- Sign-Up for SENIOR email list. Subscribe here.
- Communicate with Coaching Staff about any practice or meet conflicts at least 24 hours in advance.
- At each home meet, one representative must be at the competition to help "run" the meet.
- Available jobs: Lane Timers, Daktronics workers, Officials and Computer Operators.
Value the sport.
Respect the process.
Above all be honest in you efforts.
Varies throughout the year. Approximately 18-20 hours of committed, purposeful practice.
Fall, Winter and Spring Practice Schedule
- Monday - Friday 3:30 - 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 5:30 - 7:30 am
- Saturday 8:00 - 10:00 am
Summer Practice Schedule 2022
- Monday - Saturday 7-9 am swim, 9-9:45 am dryland (Days TBA)
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday -- 2-4pm swim
*Please have dryland clothes for all practices in case of inclement weather.
*College swimmers are welcome to join us, however please be on time and stay entire workout.
2022-23 Tentative Summer Senior Meet Schedule
Expectations at Practice
- Honest purposeful committed practice each and everyday. The goal at each and every practice is to better one’s self and influence teammates in a positive direction.
Equipment Requirements: Highlander Team Page | Swim Jax Swim Shop - To purchase TYR Products
- Swim bag complete with kickboard, fins, paddles, bouy, band, goggles, cap.
Dryland and Weightroom Equipment Requirements:
- Proper running shoes, shorts and t-shirt.
Fees and Requirements:
- The tuition is $200/month for 12 months/year for the Senior Group.
- There is a $200 per year fundraising requirement and a $85 annual registration fee.
- Parents are required to work at least 1 session per day of each meet we host.
- The fees for the first month and the registration fee are required by August 25th.
- Seasonal payment options are available for this group.