SwimAmerica Swim Lessons
A service of the American Swimming Coaches Association
Convenient registration now available online!
- Small instructor-swimmer ratios
- Private lessons available on a one-on-one basis
- Lessons available in the mornings, afternoons, and evenings
- Conveniently located in Downtown Orlando at Lake Highland Preparatory School
- Heated facility with the 1996 Atlanta Olympic pool and a separate lesson teaching pool
- American Swimming Coaches Assoc. Certified Swim Instructor
- Goal-Oriented, Safe and FUN!!!
Highlander Aquatics and Lake Highland Preparatory School are pleased to offer a complete SwimAmerica instructional program. SwimAmerica is the learn-to-swim program of the American Swimming Coaches Association, the most prestigious swim coaches association. Every student progresses at his/her own rate, independent of the other student’s development.
In this program, the aquatic experts--the coaches--teach your child. SwimAmerica teaches much more than just how to swim. Proper techniques of swimming are emphasized, with care given to correct breathing, body position, movement of limbs and timing. Proficiency leads to achievement and self-esteem. Please contact Stacy Wright at email@example.com or 407-206-1900 ext. 1182 for further details and to schedule lessons.
What to know before you register:
- Our swim lessons start at 24 months of age.
- All two year olds and non-swimmers are required to take private lessons until they are swimming independently and comfortably in the water.
- We recommend at least 8 lessons for our non-swimmers. Back to back sessions are preferred for consistency.
- Private and group lessons are offered at each 1/2 hour in the summer. Private and group lessons are also offered at all times in the afternoons in the fall and spring. Morning times in the fall and spring are private lessons only.
- Private lessons are one-on-one with the instructor. Group lessons are limited to 4 swimmers per instructor.
- Private lessons are $120 per session and group lessons are $60 per session (includes 4 - 25 minute lessons).
- Lessons and instructors are booked on a "first come, first served" basis.
- To request an instructor (or a certain personality), please mention it in the "comments" section of the registration form.
- Only lessons that are canceled by (and with) the instructor can be rescheduled. No show, no call = No make-up.
- Payment is due in full within 7 days of confirmed registration.