Subscribe to the Age Group 1 Email List
Monday - Friday 3:30 - 5:30 pm
Saturday 8-10 am
Highlander Team Records - as of August 1, 2023
Tentative Meet Schedule
November 30-December 3 ROSEN Meet @ I-Drive Rosen Aquatic Center
January 12-14 FAST Meet Ocala
February 2-4 RATS Meet in Indian River
February 23-25 Area 2 Meet at Lake Brantley
February 29-March 3 FLAGS at FAST Ocala
April 20-21 Highlander Ron Nardozzi Invite
May 17-19 Patriot Invite at Lake Brantley
June 20-23 Sarasota Sharks Summer Invite
July 11-14 FLAGS Ocala FAST
Expectations for Age Group 1
Progressive continual growth and commitment to excellence.
- Have Fun
- Be on time.
- Taking ownership/accountability of your swimming (i.e equipment, warm-down, effort, etc.)
- Respect for coaches, teammates, and workouts always
- Having pride in Highlander Aquatics and your training
- Swimmer to Coach Communication. Communicate any practice conflicts at least 24 hours in advance
- Honest, purposeful, committed practice each and every day. The goal at each and every practice is to better ones-self and influence teammates in a positive direction
- Be a positive influence/’cog’ in the group dynamics
- Begin planning of vacations and summer camps with the ‘point to’ meets in mind
- During the school year - 6 workouts will be offered and attendance at 5 is expected
- During the Summer - 8 workouts are offered and and attendance at 6 is expected
Equipment - Highlander Team Page | Swim Jax Swim Shop - To purchase TYR Products
- Goggles (always have a spare or two)
- Cap (optional for boys, always have spares)
- Pull Buoy
- Paddles - see Coach Curley for sizing
- Equipment Bag (Swimmers can hang them on pool deck)
- TYR Team Suit for Meets
Fees and Requirements:
- The tuition is $155/month for 12 months/year for Age Group I.
- There is a $155 per year fundraising requirement and a $85 annual registration fee.
- Parents are required to work at least 1 session per day of each meet we host.
- The fees for the first month and the registration fee are required by August 25th.
- Seasonal payment options are available for this group for $175/month.