Greater Orlando's Most Centrally Located Aquatics Program - Beautiful Downtown Orlando
Highlander Aquatics offers five seasonal swim team sessions throughout the year - Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall I and Fall II. These swim team sessions are for swimmers in Grades 1st - 8th.
- Winter 2023 Session (10 week session): January 3rd - March 10th (Registration opens December 1st)
- White Group: Monday/Wednesday OR Tuesday/Thursday at 3:30 or 5:00 pm (45 minute practices, $300)
- Green Group: Monday/Wednesday/Friday OR Tuesday/Thursday/Friday at 3:30 or 5:00 pm (55 minute practices, $365)
- Spring 2023 Session (9 week session): March 20th - May 21th (Registration opens January 15th, 2023)
- White Group: Monday/Wednesday OR Tuesday/Thursday TDB
- Green Group: Monday/Wednesday/Friday OR Tuesday/Thursday/Friday TBD
- Summer 2023 Session: June 5th - July 27th (Registration opens March 1st, 2023)
- White Group: Monday/Wednesday OR Tuesday/Thursday. Times: TBD (45 minute practices)
- Green Group: Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tues/Thurs/Friday Times: TBD (55 minute practices)
- Fall I 2022 Session: August 22nd - October 14th (Registration opens online on July 15th)
- White Group: Monday/Wednesday OR Tuesday/Thursday at 3:30 or 5:15 pm (45 minute practices, $240)
- Green Group: Monday/Wednesday/Friday OR Tuesday/Thursday/Friday at 3:30 or 5:00 pm (55 minute practices, $290)
- Fall II 2022 Session: NEW DATE due to Fall I Weather: October 31st - December 16th (Registration opens October 1st)
- White Group: Monday/Wednesday OR Tuesday/Thursday at 3:30 or 5:00 pm (45 minute practices, $180)
- Green Group: Monday/Wednesday/Friday OR Tuesday/Thursday/Friday at 3:30 or 5:00 pm (55 minute practices, $220)
- No practices during the week of Thanksgiving.
Session structure for our Seasonal Groups
- White Group - This group is for swimmers with little or no competitive swimming experience. This group is the introductory level of Highlander Aquatics. The goal of the group is to emphasize stroke development and body awareness for each of the four competitive strokes. Swimmers will develop outstanding freestyle and backstroke skills through numerous drills and technique work. They also learn streamlines and flat dives. Breaststroke and butterfly are also introduced. Swimmers have the option to participate in local developmental meets that are offered throughout the season. Swimmers must in the 1st grade (completed 1st grade for Summer 2022) or older and able to swim 25 yards of freestyle and backstroke. White group swimmers practice for 45 minutes.
- Green Group - Swimmers either move to this group from the White group by the recommendation of our coaching staff or can join into this group after a stroke/practice evaluation. In this group, the proper techniques of all four competitive strokes will be reinforced. They will also be instructed on racing procedures such as starts, turns and the rules and regulations involved in competitive swimming. As a part of this instruction, interval training will be introduced and used for the purpose of repetition of an acquired skill as well as for conditioning. They participate in B-C type meets and interval training but stroke technique remains the emphasis. Swimmers perform some limited dryland training, working on coordination and core strength training. Swimmers have the option of USA sanctioned meets and/or local developmental meets that are offered throughout the year. Swimmers do not advance to this group until they show the proper technique of freestyle, backstroke & butterfly and have built their endurance to allow them to swim for more than 45 minutes. Green group swimmers practice for 55 minutes and must be in the 3rd grade or older. Group placement is decided by the coaching staff.