Our coaches emphasize the basic fundamentals and technique of the game. They will progressively build toward more advanced concepts and team strategies as each athlete develops. Fundamentals such as learning the proper eggbeater kick, individual ball handling skills (dribbling, passing, shooting, and drawing fouls), to pressure passing and defensive positioning form the foundation of this program. Highlander Water Polo is proud to offer this program to athletes, 3rd – 12th grade. It is perfect for beginners and highly experienced athletes alike. The only requirement is the ability to swim unaided across the pool. Our coaching staff takes great pride in teaching positive sportsmanship while learning the strategic game of water polo and encouraging the players to strive to their best potential. It is a very active sport that will keep your child moving year round. .
Winter Water Polo Session with Coach Amy: January 3rd - March 9th
- Practices are offered Mondays & Wednesdays (with a couple of Saturdays).
- Grades 3rd - 5th: 5:30 - 6:30 pm
- Grades 6th - 8th: 5:30 - 7:00 pm
- Grades 9th - 12th: 5:45 - 7:30 pm
- Cost is $220 for the 10 week Winter Session
Winter Water Polo Session for Middle Schoolers: January 18th - February 24th
- Practices are offered Tuesdays & Thursdays.
- Cost is $50 for the 6 week Winter Session with OU coaches.
You only need a swim suit. Swim caps are suggested but optional. No goggles.
Each practice includes drills and skill based games to better educate our players.
We also enjoy several Saturday scrimmages during each session.